Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Teacher's Testimonial after the Workshop

Before I put it off any longer, I wanted to give you an update on trying Readers' Theater in my 5th grade class. IT WORKED REALLY, REALLY WELL.

A few notes... Using stools and spinning around when they were not in the scene was a very nice touch. It was easy for a young audience to focus on the appropriate characters.

I had four ability groups working on the same play. The top group went first so that the others saw a good model. I was happy I made that choice.
My lowest group went today and did a terrific job. The extra few days of practice helped them. (I have one very low reader--has trouble reading even simple words like" could" and "these." He was amazing and very proud of himself.)

Thanks so much for the ideas.

I'm sending along a copy of the script. [SEE ABOVE.]

No comments: